Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Monkey Pancakes


Since it was Shrove Tuesday today, we decided to make pancakes as a fun "crafty" meal.  So I went to the web to find some ideas and a recipe.

A friend of mine recently introduced me to a new site called Pintrest and I am absolutely addicted.  It is basically a bookmarking site where you bookmark images and other websites you have found on the web in a public place where others can see what you have bookmarked.  You store these images in categorized 'boards' that others can view.

Since being introduced to the site I have spent hours and hours of enjoyment as I endlessly creeped other people's 'boards' for ideas.  This is where I found our monkey pancakes.  I came across this great blog - Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons .  What a great site!  A mom makes different meal ideas with her kids in mind.  They are always creative and I'm sure will induce a picky eater to try new things.

Above you can see my rendition of her Monkey Pancakes and below, check out her version:



I obviously have not had as much practice as she has.............  ;)  I'm sure I will get better with some effort.

Please share if you have found any amazing blogs or sites out there that are a hit with kids.

You can find the boards I have pinned on Pintrest here: http://pinterest.com/jeancoles/

Happy parenting,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment